To commemorate Anzac day this year we will be sharing with you an Anzac cookie recipe that we thought was really tasty
100g unsalted butter
2tbsp golden syrup
1tbsp bicarbonate soda + 3tbsp water
120g plain flour
80g porridge oats
100g caster sugar
80g grated coconut
1 zest of orange
1. Pre-heat oven to 150°C conventional bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a medium sized bowl, sift together standard flour, the porridge oats, grated coconut and sugars; mix well.
3. Combine the Butter, Golden Syrup, vanilla and water in a small saucepan and stir over low-medium heat until Butter melted and the mixture is well combined (ensure the mixture does not simmer or boil). Remove from heat and stir in the bicarbonate of soda. Add immediately to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
4. Roll 1-2 tablespoons of mixture into balls and place onto tray about 5cm apart. Use your fingers to flatten each slightly (until they are about 1cm thick) and bake for 16 minutes (for a chewy biscuit) or 20 minutes for a crunchier biscuit.
5. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep in an airtight container for up to a week.
Thanks to my dear friend Michelle Hu for supporting by sharing photos of her little boy doing the baking this morning.